Thursday, October 23, 2008

Picture Tag


Here is a tag I found on my cousin's blogspot that I thought was fun. Post the 4th picture in the 4th folder of your pictures. Tag to anyone who wants to play!

Kaitlyn meeting Santa Clause - there is actually a funny story to go along with this picture. I quote from an e-mail I sent out in December 2006, "Hi to all! Okay, now I have a Kaitlyn & Santa story to tell. Everytime we ask Kaitlyn what she wants Santa to bring her, she says a birthday cake. That is what she requested while sitting on Santa's lap as well. The other day I asked her if Santa was going to bring her a birthday cake. She looked at me a long time without saying anything (which I have come to realize means she's thinking hard) and then she said, "Well...it looked like a candy cane". I said, "Yes, but is he going to bring you a birthday cake?" She had another long pause and then said, "Well...it looked like a candy cane!" I realized to her, Christmas is over. She asked Santa for what she wanted, and he gave her a candy cane. Then, something else also made sense. I wasn't with her when she was through with Santa but Jared said she got a broken candy cane and she cried heartbroken cries and would not be comforted. Leah traded candy canes with her and then she felt better. She took a few licks and then declared that she needed a drink! So, poor Kaitlyn didn't get what she wanted for Christmas, Santa gave her a broken gift, and the replacement burned her mouth! Oh, funny times. Needless to say, Santa's going to figure out how to give her a birthday cake!"

6 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

I remember hearing that story! I love it! I like this tag too. Maybe I'll have to do it too.

Jessica 7 said...

Poor Kaitlyn! What was Santa thinking - broken candy canes??

Lindsay said...

Hey Genievieve! Sorry if I spelled your name wrong--long time since I've seen you. Anyway, I saw your blog has been added to the SFHS list, so I figured I'd drop by and say hi. Hope things are going well for your family. Your parents came to my mom's viewing and said you were out of state.

Lindsay Brimhall Wolsey

Jenni said...

What a fun tag! Love it.

Megan said...

So the question you left unanswered... Did Santa bring her a bday cake for Christmas 2006? I think you need to post a pic of that now! :D

Nelson Nitwits said...

Yes, Santa did bring her a birthday cake but I don't remember if we got any pictures or not. I'm so far behind in scrapbooking. When anyone asked her what she got for Christmas though, she excitedly told them she got a birthday cake! It topped any toy she got!