Tuesday, September 22, 2009

When it Rains, It Pours (Okay, not so funny)

Yep, we're flooding. The headlines you've seen are true. School has been closed yesterday and today. Several roads were closed yesterday, some roads were washed out. Our local Six Flags is under water. We thought Jared had fixed our roof leak (we've been dry through several storms), but the patch job couldn't handle this latest storm system. With the devastation around us, we really are fortunate that we've only seen a bit of flooding in our yard. Here are some pictures and video from our back yard.

5 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

Ahhh! I hope you guys come out of it all without further damage.

Megan said...

Wow! I'm glad you are safe & that your house is still overhead. Sorry to hear about the roof leak! {By the way, that is a huge yard!}

Austin and Amanda said...

Well, look on the bright side...at least you don't have to water the lawn. :)

Malia said...

Wow! I hope the rain lets up a bit so Jared can repatch the roof. Hopefully you won't have too much water damage from the roof. No fun.

a busy mom said...

I was wondering about you guys! glad you didn't get it too bad. My parents house got 13 inches in the basement and a ton (literally) of rock in their back yard. They haven't sold it yet. So the hot water tank and furnace probably need replacing too. Glad your basement didn't get any water! How are things looking now? crazy!!!