Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fathers and Sons Outing and my $125 purse!

This weekend Jared and Hyrum went on a Fathers and Sons campout. Hyrum was so excited. He's been talking about this for weeks and saying, "This is just for me and Daddy. It's not for you or Leah, or Kaitlyn, or Amy". Yes sir! He got to go on two hikes (Jared said he probably hiked a mile and a half) and he got to go fishing. Here are pictures of his adventures:


Now, for my $125 purse...yikes! I made myself a new purse from a pattern found here. I haven't carried a purse for a long time, and so I'm used to putting my keys in my pocket. While Jared and Hyrum were away camping, I took the girls to a pizza buffet place and threw my keys in my new purse. Then, while I was getting Amy out of the car I decided I didn't want to lug a big purse around, so I just got the card I needed to pay for dinner, locked the car, and shut the door. Immediately I said, "Oh no, I locked the keys in the car!" Jared was gone; I couldn't call him. The windows were all up; I couldn't use a hanger. I felt my only option was to call a locksmith. I asked how much it would be and was told it was a $20 charge to come and then it varied depending on the kind of car we have. I was pretty happy with the idea of $20. Well, when he finished, I found out that we have the kind of car that apparently costs $125 to unlock! Yikes!!!!! I DO like my purse, but not that much!!

6 comments:

Aaron and Lisa said...

It looks like Hyrum and Jared had a great time! As for your purse, it is super cute! I was wondering how it turned out! I'm sorry about your experience. At least it looks cute!

Raime said...

The purse is super cute!! A purse is on my list of what to make with my mom on our mother-daughter nights! Sorry about the car!

Austin and Amanda said...

I'm glad Hyrum had fun on his Father's and sons campout!

I got locked out of my car in Baltimore at the MVA. Austin didn't have a car, and I was stranded. Luckily there was a tow truck driver at the MVA who saw how frantic I was and helped me out. I'm sorry you had such an ordeal, but your purse is really cute!

Megan said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your expensive mishap. Sounds like you need to make a little clutch to coordinate with your cute new purse -- one just big enough for your DL, your debit card, and your keys! ;)

That's so sweet how excited Hyrum was for his Father/Son campout!

The Greg and Lauralee Angell Family said...

The things that happen while Jared is on a campout...... :)

The purse is super cute! When you run out of babysitting hours, I'm sure Megan would love to learn how to make one!

Jenni said...

I agree. Cute purse! I love making handbags.