Friday, February 17, 2012

Personal celebration

Today I just feel like saying "Wahoo!" I set a personal goal at the beginning of this year to be in better shape. I've never dieted before, and I haven't really wanted to because I didn't want to fall into the yo-yo diet syndrome. But, I did decide it was time to do something. I've made diet changes this past year with Jared (who lost his weight mainly with the South Beach Diet lifestyle). I'm not completely committed to that diet though. What I have done is cut way down on sugar. But, the two goals I set for myself this year was to exercise everyday except Sunday, and to read my scriptures everyday. These may seem unrelated, but for me, committing to exercise is as much a spiritual journey as a physical one.

I also found a great tool online at myfitnesspal.com. It's a calorie tracking website. I know that method isn't for everyone, but I am really loving it. The other motivating thing is I have started watching "The Biggest Loser" on Netflix. I had never seen it before. That is VERY motivating!

So, my "Wahoo" moment is that since the beginning of the year I have lost 7 pounds! I've never done that before! This past week alone I lost 3.7 pounds. So, I feel like celebrating now!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations, Genevieve! You deserve to celebrate. That is the best when you keep your commitment to yourself and then you start to actually see the benefits. Go, you!

Aaron and Lisa said...

Yeah! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! Those are really tough goals. I am a pretty lousy goal setter. Usually I just say I want to exercise more and read my scriptures more, but you are awesome! Committing to exercising 6x's a week is tough, especially with four kids! Getting out 2-3x's a week for me is tough and I only have one! Go you!

t foust said...

Way to go, Genevieve! That's awesome!!

Sydney said...

So great! Losing weight is a tough job. Your insight is very, very, good. Keep it up! xoxo

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

So I know I'm behind but CONGRATS! That is awesome and I'm impressed. I'm pretty horrible at exercising at all, ever. Ha! Doesn't chasing kids all day count!?