Friday, September 5, 2008

Fundraiser

Hi everybody! It's fundraising time at Sugar Hill Elementary, Leah's school. I thought I'd let people know in case anyone is interested. We don't care if you're not, we promise! The catalog does have some fun things, though, and I did notice one deal on magazine subscriptions...a magazine titled "All You" is cheaper if you order a 2-year subscription through this fundraiser. The one year subscription is cheaper directly from allyou.com. I know, because I just subscribed to this magazine online last week. It's a magazine my sister told me about that has lots of coupons. My sister has talked me into couponing, and we are seeing some very substantial savings. Here's the hint I never knew about...use coupons for items that are already on sale. It works. The supreme example is the deal my sister just got...she went to CVS (or maybe it was Walgreens) where some makeup was on sale buy one get one free. She also had a coupon for the same makeup from the manufacturer for buy one get one free. She asked the store manager how this would work, and after thinking for a minute he said she would get both items free. She repeated this at another store and ended up with $40 of makeup for nothing. She's the coupon queen! Anyway, long story short, if you are interested in the fundraiser, the website is www.minkco.com. If you want to know about using coupons, check out thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com.

0 comments: