Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Time with Cousins

We had a lot of fun with Aaron & Lisa's family in Texas for Thanksgiving. This was our first time ever in Texas and we thought it was very nice. To get there we drove through Georgia, Alabama (saw a NASCAR track), Mississippi (saw the Mississippi River), Louisianna & Texas. Long car ride (14 hours) but worth it. Here are some pictures of the trip.

Fun with Aaron's scooter:

Cousin Fun:


Good morning Jenny! Rachel liked Jaycee's crate. Yes, we took our dog. No, we won't do it again! She chewed up one of Lisa's sweaters and within seconds had a good start at digging a hole in their yard they could have used for planting a tree! On the way home she chewed up her leash so that it's unusable and chewed through Leah's school backpack. She's yours for the taking if you'd like to have a puppy for Christmas! We'll throw in the crate, the doghouse, offer you money...okay, Leah would be heartbroken. I guess she's ours. I keep hearing that a puppy drives you crazy. Please, someone tell me that when she grows up we'll just love her! Hyrum was mesmerized by Benjamin's piano playing. He would cuddle into me and sing along. If he would actually let me put him down sometime I could take a turn playing for him!

3 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

It looks like you guys had fun! We missed you though. It was a pretty little Thanksgiving for us. I bet the kids had a blast with their cousins! Leah, Kaitlyn and Hyrum all look so much older than last time we saw them!! Glad you survived the drive, and the dog. :)

Megan said...

How fun! I miss being able to get together w/ family! Watching the photos made me think, "Wow, it's a whole nother generation of cousins... just like we used to be when we'd visit Gpa & Gma Crossley." Life is so cyclical, I've realized.

Jessica 7 said...

You and Jared look way cool on the scooter! The dog stories made me laugh.