Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ay ay ay!

Tell you what, our little guy is getting the best of us. He gets his biggest laughs when he knows he's being a stinker, he says a two-syllable "word" that sounds a whole lot like "tickle tickle", and generally gets into mischief quicker than lightning. Well, tonight I think he maxed his potential. Jared had just finished a call to his parents and we were having a rare husband/wife conversation (rare because it lasted more than 60 seconds). Okay, the conversation centered on a needed trip to Kroger for groceries, but we were still talking! Well, Hyrum grabbed the phone and started punching buttons, which he often does. I heard the dial tone and Jared said, "Hey, he's dialing someone". I jokingly replied, "It's a good thing we have free long distance", then I took the phone. Within a few seconds we got a call. Caller ID said it was our county and I handed the phone to Jared to deal with (shame on me). I heard Jared explain that our baby had gotten the phone and we didn't have any idea who he had called. I heard him apologize. When he got off the phone he informed me that Hyrum had somehow called 911. Then he informed me that Hyrum had called 911 THREE times! I give up!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yikes! It hasn't happened to us yet, knock on wood. I'm surprised they didn't have to make a trip to your house to confirm that they weren't needed. I'm glad you found out via phone call vs a knock on the door! :D

Jessica 7 said...

What a trickster! Of course it's funny to me - because it didn't happen to me!

a busy mom said...

wow, I can't believe that! I'm glad they called you back instead of just coming over and you wouldn't have known why! He is so big now, its amazing how quickly they grow. How are you guys? Any Thanksgiving plans? Tell Kaitlyn hi from Eliza!
Sonia

Megan said...

I've chosen your blog for a 'Butterfly Award' (please check our blog for details). Of course, you don't have to pass it on, but I wanted you to know how much I enjoy visiting your blog. :)

ConnecticutUre's said...

Okay, that happened to us the other day with Aury!!! They truly are a match made in heaven!!!! They called us back too, I was so embarrassed!