Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5-star Websites

Well, what do I do after a week where my husband was out of town followed by a week of vomiting, coughing, runny-nose, fever kids (including Kaitlyn throwing up today)? Among spending time on the bazillion "chores" on my to-do list, I sat down today to do a bit of surfing on the internet. Well, the surfing came by chance...I was checking off one of my to-do's in printing off some General Conference packets for my kids for the upcoming weekend. For those of you not familiar with General Conference, it is a semi-annual world-wide church meeting where members of our faith, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints hear from our Prophet and Apostles and other church leaders located in Salt Lake City, Utah. We will be watching it via satelite on the BYU channel. Anyway, in the process of finding packets on one of my favorite websites sugardoodle.net, I came across some websites that are just too good not to share. So, check these out:

servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com - oh, I could spend way too much time finding fun ideas for little kids on this site.

spellingcity.com - a very fun website where your kids type in their weekly spelling words and they can be quizzed or play games with their words.

theliteratemother.org - this is like the websites you can screen movies on for language, adult themes, violence, etc. except it is for children's and youth's books. Very cool!

Oh, and by the way, my sister called me to let me know that I might not want to even be online today...apparently their is a computer virus going around today called "Conficker" and I verified it on snopes.com. This is the first I heard about it, so I may already be doomed...time will tell. The articles on snopes.com about it are worth reading.

One more tip from my sister - line throw-up bowls with grocery sacks, then we can just throw the mess away. Maybe the day will be a better one after all!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely have to check them out -- that spelling site sounds perfect for Hannah! I'm sorry to hear your family's been sick -- no fun!!

Elise said...

That spelling site is something else. Can't wait to try it with Gavin!

Jessica 7 said...

I guess I'm doomed too, since I'm obviously online reading your blog! Awesome websites. I'd heard about the spelling one, but haven't ever used it. It's very cool.

Laura said...

Another good movie screening site is Screenit.com go to the bottom to enter without registering. It is very thorough. I use it all the time