
IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...
1. Did you date someone from your school? No.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No
3. Did you car pool to school? If you count riding with my Grandma to school after early morning seminary, then yes.
4. What kind of car did you have? When I got to use the car it was a late model Chevy station wagon -- complete with wood paneling.
5. What kind of car do you have now? I drive a Chevy Aveo to/from work. Genevieve has a Chevy Uplander.
6. Its Saturday night...where are you now? Probably at home -- watching a movie, playing a card game, or wrestling the kids to bed.
7. It is Saturday night...where were you then? Senior year? Probably at home -- not watching a movie or playing a card game -- but potentially wrestling with my brothers.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I pulled two jobs to make ends meet. I was a paper carrier and worked at a fast-food restaurant in the Pittsburgh Airport called "au bon pain".
9. What kind of job do you do now? I am a chemical engineer working in the research department for CIBA Vision -- a contact lens company.
10. Were you a party animal? Not on your life.
11. Were you considered a flirt? Not on your life or anyone else's.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band -- marching, concert, jazz, etc.
13. Were you a nerd? If I answered with anything other than a resounding "YES", and someone from my family / high school ever read this, I'd be hunted down and dragged through the streets for perjury, and then drawn and quartered.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No
15. Can you sing the fight song? Nope -- never could. But I could probably still play it on the trumpet. Because I always played it, I never learned the actual words. Were there words?
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. DelGreco, Mr. Moore, Mr. Welsh, and Frau Schuller.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? Lunch room.
18. What was your school's full name? Hopewell Area High School
19. When did you graduate? 1994
20. What was your school mascot? Viking
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Not a chance. I had some very good friends and some good fun, but it's not anywhere I feel a need to return. In the words of my dad, "It built character".
22. Did you have fun at Prom? Yes. Althought I'm not allowed to admit that when talking with Genevieve. ;)
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? No. In fact, I've never heard from anyone about a reunion (that's not to say one or more haven't taken place -- just that I was never informed about it).
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Occasionally -- but I'm pretty bad about initiating the communication.
26. School Colors? Blue & Gold
P.S. -- In the matchup of our two mascots, I'd take the viking over the naked man riding a rhinoceros that I've seen on one of Genevieve's old T-shirts anyday.

2 comments:
Don't you dare knock the T-shirt, Jared!
And you hadn't better make fun of the Ashibaba, either!
You're a good sport, Jared! That was fun to read.
Post a Comment