Monday, July 20, 2009

Kinder Camp

Kaitlyn went to her first day of "kinder camp" (three 1/2 days to introduce her to the school). I think she had fun, and she seemed to like it, but she also seemed quite disappointed when I asked her about it. She was disappointed that there was no recess, and she was very disappointed that she didn't get to do any "hard work". I asked her why she was upset about that and she said "that's what school is all about...a lot of hard work". I told her that kindergarten was not going to be hard but fun and she seemed even more disappointed. I guess she really wants to grow up!

5 comments:

Austin and Amanda said...

She's going to love when she gets to college! There's lots of hard work there! :)

Jessica 7 said...

See - look what happens when you're such a cool mom that you educate your children beyond the schools. She'll be forever waiting for the hard work to come! ;)

Nelson Nitwits said...

I don't think her comment has much to say about my efforts...she just wants to be older so much! Now that I think about it, another comment she made makes sense. She hoped she didn't get the "crazy" teacher. When I asked her what she meant, she said one of the teachers is just silly. She wants pure academia!

Megan said...

I hope she keeps that desire to learn! She seems like someone after Thomas' own heart. He wishes he were going into 2nd grade with Hannah, though I don't know that he objects to silliness. =)

ConnecticutUre's said...

Kaitlyn, Thank you for you letter to Keagyn. She wrote one to you, but her silly mom has misplaced it! Enjoy Kindgergarten, Keagyn can't wait for school to start too! She misses you a lot! The rest of our family misses all you too!