Monday, March 29, 2010

Surprise Baby Shower

Last Thursday I thought I was going to a Primary Presidency meeting. I've been dealing with a bladder infection (isn't life full of fun?) and didn't feel all that well. I showered and combed my hair, but that was it. I thought, it's okay...I'm just going to a meeting. I got there a bit late, walked up to the door and noticed a valance of cute onsies in the window. Uh, oh, I thought. When I walked in the door, I found this waiting for me (the two lovely ladies are my friends who pulled off this surprise):




Hyrum was also overwhelmed to see the big crowd, but soon found things to do (including taking some of the pictures).



Turns out, Jared knew about this. I told him he could have at least suggested that I look nice that morning, but his reply was that there was no way of doing that without ending up in trouble for offending me. Yeah, good point.

I was overwhelmed and grateful for the show of love and friendship. Thank you to all who had a part!

6 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Wow! I'm impressed that they pulled off the surprise...few people ever really do. So fun and thoughtful! And you deserve it! Hope you're feeling better!

Megan said...

How fun! I'm glad you have such a great support system around you while you're so far from family. Looks like a great party!

Jessica 7 said...

That's awesome - it's hard to pull off a surprise! I'm so glad you have such good friends. :)

Laura said...

Oh, I wish I could come to your baby shower!

Austin and Amanda said...

Was that a onsie cake? That's so creative.

Sydney said...

How fun!! Wish I could have come and celebrated with you and all your friends. That was so nice of them to surprise you with such a wonderful shower. So looking forward to this month of April and the arrival of your sweet baby. Take good care of yourself. Miss ya...xoxox