A few days ago my neighbor came over to tell us we had a chicken under our bay window! It promptly ran away into our woods when the kids went out to inspect. Today said chicken is reappearing at the edge of the woods. I went out to try and catch it but could never even get close. Chickens are pretty fast, apparently. My grand plan was to throw my jacket over said chicken and put it in the dog crate. There is a farm close to our neighborhood and I would like to return it if at all possible. So, does anyone know how to catch a chicken?
Update: I can tell when the chicken comes back because our dog goes crazy! She barks like mad and looks at me with a look that screams, "DO SOMETHING!" Here are pictures from a few minutes ago:

5 comments:
Your place is looking like Mom and Dad's! ;) I've never actually caught a chicken so the jacket plan sounds as good as any to me! I guess Jaycee's not as brave as Jasper!? Ha! Good luck!
That is hilarious!! I have no idea how to catch a chicken - but hopefully you'll have success soon. Good luck!
That is awesome! mmmm... dinner...
I have actually tried to catch a chicken once. My advice...don't try to corner it. They get really feisty and come after you instead.
How fun and funny! It is hard to catch a chicken. The only way we could catch a chicken is by cornering it...no way out sort of deal...and with a hand full of chicken food. Good luck. No matter...makes for a great adventure. Love it!
Post a Comment