Monday, May 21, 2012

Leah's recital

Today a friend called, and in the midst of the conversation she mentioned that Leah did a great job with her violin recital. That reminded me that I never even listened to her recital! I was home with feverish Amy, and Jared recorded it. Then, I forgot to even listen. So, today I uploaded the May 8th recital, and got to root for Leah from home. Incidentally, I had to take Kaitlyn to the doctor today for pink eye (there's always something happening). Amy gets very upset any time we go to the doctor now, and I had to keep reassuring her that Kaitlyn was seeing the doctor, not her. She then went to Kaitlyn and started rubbing her back saying, "I know, I know" which is how I try to comfort her with her appointments. I thought that was pretty cute!

4 comments:

Austin and Amanda said...

You play beautifully, Leah!

I'm sorry to hear that Kaitlyn and Amy have been sick lately. That was pretty sweet of Amy to try and console Kaitlyn about going for a doctor visit.

Geoff and Dianne said...

Great job, Leah! I bet your teacher LOVES working with you in your lessons--great intonation and posture! I enjoyed every note, you're doing so so very well. Keep up the wonderful work! And congrats to Jared and Hyrum! Woo hoo!

Geoff and Dianne said...

Leah, what a beautiful job! Your intonation is AMAZING! I'm sure your teacher loves working with you--you work so hard and do so so well! Keep up the wonderful music!

I hope you're better Kaitlyn and Amy.

And congrats Hyrum and Jared!

Aaron and Lisa said...

Great job Leah! That is a pretty advanced piece. You did wonderful!
Ellie used to hide behind the chair in the doctors office, so she wouldn't have to get a shot. She doesn't like going either. She gets excited when you tell her it is for someone else!