Thursday, July 12, 2012

July Fun

The end of June and beginning of July have been full of fun for our family.  We were visited by friends from Connecticut, the Mason family and enjoyed catching up.  I forgot to take any pictures, except this one of Amy.  She decided to duck out of the visiting fun and we found her asleep in the corner cabinet.  She had shut herself in and conked out.


Jared's parents and sister Janna joined us for the 4th of July.  We enjoyed a quick visit with them.


They came down to pick up Leah, Kaitlyn and Hyrum for a week of Grandma/Grandpa camp in Pennsylvania!  Here's a picture of the start of their adventure:

Amy had a hard time adjusting to her siblings not being around to play with.  Mostly she got into a lot of mischief.  We tried to spend some good one on one time with her too, including a trip to Yogli Mogli and painting her fingernails and toenails.  This was her first time with painted nails.  She kept saying, "I'm a pretty princess".  When I finished her nails she asked, "Am I beauful?"


Yesterday Amy finally adjusted to entertaining herself, and she was very well behaved.  I even took her to 3 stores with no problem!  I was also finally having a productive day since she was cooperating.  I started sewing and went upstairs to press ONE seam.  That was my mistake.  Apparently she was done being good.  In the time it took to press one seam I heard a big crash and immediately knew it was my sewing machine.  I went downstairs and Amy was crying.  The machine was in a few pieces on the floor.  I made sure she was fine and then scolded her for touching the machine.  I know she's two, but she also knows she's not supposed to touch the machine.  I decided to take her to her room to impress that on her.  A few minutes later I went in her room and asked, "Did you break Mommy's sewing machine?"  She cried, "yes".  I told her she needed to say she was sorry.  She did, and then I asked her if she wanted a hug.  She came for her hug and then asked, "Do you want my rabbit?"  It was sweet to see what she presented as a peace offering.  We wound up the rabbit and had fun watching it walk around.  If only world peace were so simple.


6 comments:

Austin and Amanda said...

You've had quite the adventures lately! I love the Grandpa/Grandma camp idea.

To answer Amy's question, yes, you do look "beauful" with your painted nails!

Raime said...

Okay this was such a cute post! FIrst of all, how fun for the other kids to get to go to Grandma/Grandpa Camp! And how cute is Amy with her painted nails/toes and her peace offering!

t foust said...

I am cracking up at where Amy fell asleep! That's so fun that the kids get to go to Grandma & Grandpa's house. Grandma Furin would take us all for a week or so every summer and we had SO much fun staying at their house and playing with cousins. Can't wait to hear how they liked it!

The Greg and Lauralee Angell Family said...

Wow, you got alot of smiles out of Amy! She must really like getting her nails done! I'll have to remember that. :)

The Greg and Lauralee Angell Family said...

Wow! You really got alot of smiles out of Amy! She must really like her nails painted! I'll have to remember that. :) And by the way, what are you sewing?

Unknown said...

How did she fall asleep in there?! I am still laughing at that picture. It was so fun to see all of you. Hopefully it isn't too long before we can see everyone again!