Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Introducing the newest member of our Family!

We are excited to announce the adoption of Janessa Celeste Nelson (Jaycee)! We've wanted a dog since we lived in Michigan and conditions were finally right (although we wonder about our sanity of adopting her before we've finished unpacking). :) Kaitlyn picked her first name, Leah picked her middle name, and we're conveniently calling her by her nickname Jaycee. She's 2 months old and is a lab/chow mix. We picked her up from the animal shelter today. She was still nursing with her mom, so it could be a long night! I get Hyrum, Jared gets the dog!!

3 comments:

Aaron and Lisa said...

Your dog is so cute. It makes me want to get one--I don't think that I will ever go to a pet store or shelter. I may come out with something extra. Jenny saw the picture and said that the dog was her baby. Maybe we will be okay after all when we come to visit!

Jessica 7 said...

What a cute puppy! My kids are very jealous - that would be their dream come true. I admire your capabilities, because there's no way I could handle a new puppy! It's cute that she and Hyrum are the same age. :)

ConnecticutUre's said...

Destry is jealous that you have a dog and we don't. She is cute!!