Wedding Tag - I'm doing this because Andrea tagged me & it's kind of fun - Sorry, no pictures because I haven't found them in the packed boxes yet and we were married before the age of digital photos probably (we're really old)
1. What's your anniversary?
December 20, 1997 - more than 10 years ago!
2. Where did you get married?
Bountiful Temple because we had attended the open house together before Jared's mission to Germany
3. Who proposed and how?
We were in Genola Utah with his family and extended family. I skipped my own family reunion to spend the time with him. He introduced me to his family as his "friend" which did not go over well with me (if I was only his friend, what in the world was I doing there?). His cousin, Emily, was showing everyone her wedding album since she had recently married. That was the last straw for me. I told Jared I wanted to go for a walk. We went for a walk down the streets of Genola. Jared proposed after I told him if he didn't soon I was going to start dating other people! Okay, now to be fair to him I have to admit that I was being impatient. I knew he had the ring, I just didn't know when he was going to propose. It has always meant a lot to me to know that even though Jared was planning a romantic date-type proposal, he wanted to reassure my fears and frustrations and, as he likes to tell it, he proposed in a cowfield in the middle of Genola. That meant more to me than any romantic proposal.
4. How long were you engaged?
4 months
5. What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Looking at Jared across the altar in the temple and seeing in his eyes how happy he was. I was surprised to see how much I meant to him.
6. What would you change if you could?
I would remember to take food with us...we got married on Saturday and had nothing to eat Sunday except the canned ham and crackers my dad gave us. Thanks again, Dad!
7. What were your colors?
Navy blue and white
8.Do you remember anything special from your ceremony? Any good advice? A comical moment?
Our sealer counseled us to alternate who is in charge of our couple prayer everynight to avoid contention. Also, my neighbor remembered that the sealer emphasized that we would have children. That meant a lot to us since Leah decided to come on her own time table (shouldn't surprise us that she would have her own idea).
9. Were you clean or messy with your wedding cake?
Clean - I found out that Jared's dad counsels all his sons to be nice with the wedding cake. I appreciated it!
10. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Salt Lake and Bountiful - We saw the Nutcracker ballet, the Hogle Zoo, and discovered a wonderful Bountiful restaurant called Christophers.
11. How long have you been married?
10 years, 6 months and 14 days (according to Jared - I always have to ask)
Okay, I tag Lisa, Loni, Tricia, Jessica, Elise and anyone else I may know who has a blog (or a blog-type newsletter - Jessica) :). I don't care if you do or not...just for fun. I'm not inviting you to a tupperware party or anything! :) By the way, I like tupperware, so no offense.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! I loved hearing about your wedding, cause I wasn't around back then to be at it!
Fine - I'll do the wedding tag. I liked reading yours! Very cute. I have a similar experience on the proposal issue. ;)
Post a Comment