Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Lights & Recipe

Still haven't figured out how to upload recital videos, but thought I'd share this video found on flixy.com:
Best Christmas Lights Display (HD): "Amazing Christmas display with 176 channels and 45,000 lights!"


Also, this blog becomes a place for me to save information occasionally. I have a recipe for wheat bread I really like because there is NO kneading and it comes out soft and yummy. The recipe has been sitting on my counter reminding me I need to type it up. So, to clear my counter, I'm recording it here.

No-Knead 100% Whole Wheat Bread

1 cup lukewarm water
1/4 c. orange juice
1/4 c. melted butter or vegetable oil
3 T molasses or maple syrup
2 t. instant yeast
1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
3 cups Whole Wheat flour
1 1/4 t. salt

Thoroughly grease a bread pan. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Beat the mixture vigorously for about 3 minutes; an electric mixer set on high speed works well here. Scoop the soft dough into the prepared pan. Cover the pan with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let it rise for about 90 minutes; it'll become puffy.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, tenting it with aluminum foil after 15 minutes. The bread is done when it's golden brown on top, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 195 degrees. Remove it from the oven, and after 5 minutes turn it out onto a rack. Cool completely before slicing.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

What a great recipe. Thanks for sharing it! I will be trying this out and soon. Merry Christmas to your family. xoxo

The Greg and Lauralee Angell Family said...

I videotaped a Christmas Lights display in Lubbock that was just like this one! I'll be putting it on my blog as soon as I recoup from the trip :)