Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Leah!

I haven't blogged for a while. What have I been up to? Well, I'm actually doing pretty well keeping up with my gospel study goal! It's not even that it takes that much time...it just sort of calms me down and takes away my nervous energy. That's a good thing, but I loose my umph for blogging.

Anyway, I need to write about Leah's birthday that was Monday. She had this day off of school as well since it was Martin Luther King Jr. day. She had her birthday all planned out beforehand and gave me her "wish lists":

Translation for her cake request: "2 (or 3) circular chocolate layers with vanilla icing. 5/5 candles or 5/4/1. (Small pink icing flowers in between eaach candle) on the bottom layer in pink icing. Please write Happy Birthday. If possible, pink raspberry fluffy icing on edges of layers and pink sprinkles."


Fortunately, Jared was home to make the Disney-themed pancakes. I wish I had taken pictures since they turned out really well. I wish I had taken more pictures of the whole day, but at least I got a few. After Leah's birthday breakfast she enjoyed going to Build-a-Bear with Kaitlyn and Hyrum. We gave her a budget of what she could spend for her birthday since she wasn't having a party this year. She figured out if she got the bare minimum at Build-a-Bear, Kaitlyn & Hyrum could also get a stuffed animal. They were grateful she was sharing her fun!

We came home for her mac & cheese lunch with hot dog slices, opened presents, and then in the evening we met our friends, the Angells, at Golden Corral for dinner.

At first, Leah didn't want to decorate her cake. I started trying to tackle her 3-tiered diagram, and then she decided she would decorate it after all. She did a great job!

One of my favorite birthday traditions in our family is that we go around the table and each state what we like about the person. Among things mentioned about Leah: she is very kind to everyone, she tries to always do what's right, she takes care of Jaycee without complaint, she shares, she's a great sister.

Happy Birthday Leah!!

6 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Sounds like a great birthday Leah! Your cake turned out great and it sounds like you at good all day! And what a GREAT sister to share your build-a-bear money with your siblings! I'm impressed!

t foust said...

Happy Birthday Leah!! I loved her cake - she did a great job decorating. Glad she had a fun-filled day to celebrate!

Megan said...

What a sweetie to plan her bday budget to include her siblings! Your cake looks great, Leah, and I love how you planned everything out. Happy Belated Birthday!

Sydney said...

Happy Birthday Leah! What a wonderful day...and to have the whole day to celebrate. That is really grand. xo

Austin and Amanda said...

I love the three layer cake idea. I'm glad you had such a great birthday!

Aaron and Lisa said...

Lydia plans her birthday out also! It sounds like you had a great day!