Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Jared!


Wednesday we celebrated Jared's birthday. Gotta love all the smoke from trick candles. Too bad he noticed they were trick candles before we could pull off our prank! We have a tradition in which we each take turns saying what we like about the birthday person over family dinner. Here was the consensus:

Hyrum - He likes playing with Daddy.
Leah - Daddy can make her smile/laugh even when she's crying.
Kaitlyn - Daddy is funny and always cheers her up when she's sad.
Mommy - Jared is one of the hardest workers I've ever met. He works regardless of how he is physically feeling. The only time he really takes a break is when he's taking care of us (like this week taking time off work to take Hyrum to the doctor's office).
Amy - Amy didn't participate in our tradition this year, but I get a kick out of hearing her excitedly say, "Dada" anytime any car pulls into our subdivision!

Update on our "health" - Hyrum is still sporting a fever since Tuesday averaging 101 degrees. Kaitlyn spent yesterday throwing up. Hyrum summed it up yesterday when he said, "Mom, I don't think I'll ever get better". Boy will we be happy for good health again!

2 comments:

Austin and Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Jared! We're sorry to hear that the kids are under the weather.

Sydney said...

Hope you had a great day, Jared. You are a winner!!!!!