Tuesday, July 22, 2014

While Jared was at Work

We had a lot of fun touring NYC while Jared was at work.  We did a lot of walking (over 12 miles the first day) but the kids managed pretty well.  Here's a look at our fun:

First we found the American Girl Doll Place store.  Hyrum wasn't thrilled even when we found some boy dolls for him.  :)



Then we went to Times Square and hit the M&M store and the Hershey store.







Notice the giant bottles of Hershey's syrup in the background that were probably 2 feet tall!

We found Spiderman who ran up to us and said "take a picture".

Cool!  But then after the picture he said, "tip please".  Grr.  I pulled out a dollar and he said, "more".  I was really grumpy then and told him "No!"  Grrrrr!  :)

We had fun at the FAO Schwarz toy store:







Our kids LOVED the subway.  I think that was Amy's favorite part of NYC.


Amy also loved the pamphlets being passed out right and left in NYC.  After our Spiderman experience I was telling all the pamphlet people "no" and brushing past them.  Amy's quite a bit shorter than I am so she was out of my line of vision even though she was holding my hand.  I found out she was holding my hand with one hand and collecting pamplets with the other giving the pamphlet people a good laugh after I had told them no!  She wouldn't let anyone hold her pamphlets either!
Amy with her pamphlets

We also went to the Natural History Museum which is the same Museum featured on the movie "Night at the Museum".


Look at the nose on that Monkey!

The kids were fascinated with anything that was a skeleton.  They spent a lot of time staring at them.


Dum dum give me some gum gum (from the movie)


Look at how huge the antlers are with a little head!

The kids and Teddy Roosevelt

The dinosaur that played fetch in the movie.  He was actually pretty small.









1 comments:

Aaron and Lisa said...

How Fun!! All of your pictures look great! I love Amy's pamphlets!