I don't sleep at all well right now (something to do with this last bit of pregnancy)...
Well, this morning while I couldn't sleep my all-time FAVORITE love song kept repeating itself in my mind. I heard this song when I was little on an old Reader's Digest record (in a collection of love songs). I have searched for the song with that original singer for literally years with no success. I can't remember the singer's name - that would help, wouldn't it?
The song is called many things I have found: "Terry's Theme", "Limelight", "Eternally", "Candilejas". It was originally written by Charlie Chaplin. This morning I decided I would share it on this post. I looked for a recording to share and was completely dissatisfied with what I found. So, I'm going to post my favorite orchestra version of the songs with the lyrics. Try to match the music with a voice like Jim Reeves when he sings "God Be With You Till We Meet Again". I'd post that too, but side by side with "Eternally" would just make me cry.
I read one review of this music which said it was "hauntingly beautiful". That fits my feelings well.
Here are the lyrics:
I'll be loving you eternally
With a love that's true, eternally
From the start, within my heart
It seems I've always known
The sun would shine
When you were mine
And mine alone
I'll be loving you eternally
There'll be no one new, my dear, for me
Though the sky should fall
Remember I shall always be
Forever true and loving you
Eternally
Though the sky should fall
Remember I shall always be
Forever true and loving you
Eternally
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember hearing that song on a tv commercial for a song collection for slim whitman or marty robbins or jim reeves or some romantic male singer like that. =) It is a beautiful song. I've never heard all the lyrics, so I appreciate you posting them.
What a beautiful song! Unfortunately, we never played that one at the nursing home. Good luck in your search!
Post a Comment