Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nesting To Do List

Well, 8 weeks to go until our little girl is born. I'm in a nesting mode, but not in the usual "prepare for the baby" frame of mind. My frame of mind is more "complete all the major projects before she's born and we get nothing done". Here's my impossible, yet hopeful, to-do list:

1. Catch up on the other kids scrapbooks. This involves the years 2005-2010 for Leah, 2005-2010 for Kaitlyn, 2008-2010 for Hyrum (so basically a grand total of 12 years to catch up).
2. Carpet the extra room for Hyrum to move into (the leak in the roof earlier had us ripping out the old carpet). Re-carpet the other kids' bedrooms while we're at it (we moved into a dirty carpet house).
3. Move Hyrum into his new bedroom so his little sister can have the "princess room" he has currently suffered with (we never got around to redecorating the room after we moved in).
4. Jared wants to build a playset. At least that got started this weekend.




5. Make it to the temple at least once before she's born (a 3-4 hour trip depending on which temple we select).
6. Finish Leah's "winter" dress - just needs zipper. I changed it to a "spring" dress by giving it short sleeves since the winter idea didn't materialize.
7. Start and finish a spring dress for Kaitlyn.
8. Make some freezer meals (may or may not happen).
9. Potty-train Hyrum (I'm completely kidding with this one).
10. Figure out furniture for our living room so that we can all have a place to sit when our home teachers come (trickier than you might think).

So, my list is only 10 items. That's actually as close to feasible as I get. 10 items in 8 weeks...hmmmm...

Maybe I should just join Hyrum and Jared on the Wii.

5 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Good luck with your list! When you're done potty training Hyrum we'll send Tanner your way! ;) I got a little stressed when you said you're having a baby in 8 weeks cause that means I'm having one in about that much time! Yikes! I guess I should make my list!

t foust said...

Wow - that list is making me tired just looking at it!! The video of Hyrum on the Wii is very cute. Aren't kids funny - when they see the camera on them they just freeze.

Megan said...

That looks like it will be a fun playset! Good luck with your to-do list. Looks pretty ambitious to me, but with all that nesting energy... =) Hyrum seems pretty comfortable with a wii-mote. =)

Austin and Amanda said...

Good luck with your to-do list. It should make the next two months go by really quickly!

Jessica 7 said...

Good luck on your projects! It's always nice to have some feeling of accomplishment before things get crazy.