Here's some of what I was up to:
I made a dry-erase menu board for the kitchen (I guess I did this before Jared left, but I took the picture while he was gone - ha ha). To do this, you can use traditional scrapbook techniques or like me, use a computer scrapbooking program. Once you achieve the desired look to match your kitchen, simply put the picture inside a glass covered frame and you have a dry-erase surface for your menus!
I cut my hair into layers after seeing a DIY youtube clip. The picture isn't the best, but you get the idea. Click here if you would like to try.
I set up the slip and slide for the kids and they had a blast.
I painted pictures of our home in Georgia as well as our home in Michigan for a wall decoration (I blocked out the addresses near the driveways for posting on the blog). I will soon be finishing a painting of our Connecticut home and our apartment in Wymount. When I'm finished, I'll post a tutorial on how to do this project.

I started quilting a pillow for a family in our ward who just went to the temple to be sealed (work still in progress). I embroidered the center of the pillow using the same technique I used to paint the houses. For the words, I just printed what I wanted on a piece of paper and then taped the fabric to a window with the lettering behind and traced the letters. I also started painting a nightlight with the temple on it. I'm going to redo this and just have the outline of the temple (similar to the pillow). I found the nightlight at Walmart for $5. I shrank the image of the temple and taped it on the back of the nightlight so I could trace it with a paint pen.
I sewed another tie for my friend Sonia's little boy Brady (you'll get it eventually with my thank you note for Amy's gift- ha!). I'm starting to figure out how to do these ties more to my liking.
Oh, and yes, Hyrum picked this week as the week he wanted to start potty training. Not my choice of good timing, but what do you do? We'll be potty training in earnest this coming week, so I probably won't be posting or answering phones frequently! :) Wish us luck.




4 comments:
Genevieve, I love all of your projects! I especially love the paintings of your homes -- I am eagerly awaiting that tutorial! =)
I'm so glad you had such a successful scout camp week -- sounds like you not only survived but flourished. ;)
You did more while Jared was gone than I ever do even when Dean's around!! I'm SUPER impressed! I need to be a better/more fun mom!
Wow, you've been busy! I love all your projects and ideas. You'll have to teach Austin how to cut my hair in layers. You did an awesome job on your haircut!
Holy crafts! David's gone this week at a chemistry conference. We're having fun, but I'm not getting much done. I really like the projects you did! And I liked the glimpses of decorating around your house - very nice.
Post a Comment