Friday, June 4, 2010

Playing Catch-up

It's amazing how busy life can be with a new baby and three other kids all home for summer vacation. I figured it's time to catch up with what we've been up to.

May 26th was the last day of school for Leah and Kaitlyn. May 21st they both had end of year parties (Kaitlyn's was a program for the parents). Below are pictures from the parties. Kaitlyn had pictures with three teachers: Mrs. Macon, who had a baby April 10th, Ms. Sobeck who filled in the rest of the year, and Mrs. Bowler, the teacher aide.

Next, is a project I've been up to...I learned how to sew infant and toddler boy neckties. I'm excited with the possibilities! Click here to see the tutorial for the ties. Click here to see some very fun LDS fabric choices. Hyrum likes new clothes, and we like teaching him that boys wear ties, not their sisters' jewelry!
Here are my finished projects and my guy modeling them:





Memorial Day Jared and I planned to surprise the kids with a trip to the zoo but we were rained out. Leah and Kaitlyn took over the plans and came up with the following list: Girls' beauty time, arts and crafts, Wii with the family, fun lunch, reading break, time with Jaycee, stuffed animal plays, Hyrum's choice, scavenger hunts, sardines, contests, chore races, surprise from Mom and Dad, more games, party, and math puzzles. We ended up doing beauty time, Wii, Chick-fil-A for lunch at a park, and chore races. The fun thing was that Leah and Kaitlyn said they were glad we didn't go to the zoo! They had more fun with the simple things. Here are some pictures of their favorite part of the day, Girls' beauty time:


They wanted me to have beauty time also, but I said I was going to take a shower and that would count these days!

Lastly, Amy started smiling around May 28th. We haven't been able to catch a picture yet, and we missed the smile with this picture, but we promise she DID smile. You can just enjoy an update with her picture. :)

5 comments:

Sydney said...

Wow. Amy is growing like a weed. All good, of course. And, I dearly love that you are sewing ties for Hyrum. Melts my heart. I use to sew ties for Spencer. Really special. Keep up the good work. Your sewing and fabric choices are beautiful. Happy summer.. xo

t foust said...

I love the ties you made! This is too funny, this past week I learned how to make little boy ties too. I'll have to post mine. Boy, you sure are busy!!

Austin and Amanda said...

I'm loving the ties. They make Hyrum look so grown up. You guys sure know how to throw a fun family party!

Austin and Amanda said...

I'm loving the ties. They make Hyrum look so grown up. You guys sure know how to throw a fun family party!

a busy mom said...

the ties are adorable- can you make Brady some in your "free" time-Hahahah- J/k! Very cute though-you should go in business with them. Looks like AMy is growing so fast already. How is it with 4 kids now?