Monday, June 28, 2010

While Jared Was Away...A Series of Unfortunate (and Fortunate) Events

Jared has been in Germany for the past week. I didn't feel like letting the world know he was gone, so I waited until he is coming home to publish this. He's on the plane right now! Well...Murphy's law...while he was gone we had a few adventures.

Day 1.
Unfortunate - Hyrum accidentally whacked Amy's head with a metal post thing, giving her a goose egg.
Day 2.
Unfortunate - I discovered and removed a tick from Leah's head (fortunately we lived in Connecticut, the Lyme's disease capital of the world, so I could identify this as a dog tick that doesn't carry the disease). Still very gross to me. I asked Leah why she wasn't grossed out and she said it's just like a mosquito - they just stick around longer...I'm still grossed out!

Fortunate - Lauralee, Megan and Jeffrey took Leah and Kaitlyn to see "How to Train Your Dragon" and they loved it.

Fortunate - Leah and Kaitlyn did their 15 minutes of scripture study and there was a great peace in our home.

Day 3. Unfortunate - Hyrum developed a fever.

Fortunate - My friend Melanie brought me her delicious chocolate chip cookies to help with the week.

Day 4. Fortunate - Lauralee and Megan took Leah and Kaitlyn to the pool for a lot of the day.

Days 5 and 6 - Fortunate - nothing unfortunate happened!

We're so excited to have him coming home!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your Day 5 and 6 fortunates! I'm sorry it was such a rough week there for a bit, but I'm glad Jared's coming home. That's bound to make everything better! Love you all!!

Austin and Amanda said...

What a week! I'm glad there were more fortunates than unfortunates.

Megan said...

Sounds like a busy week! I'm glad there were fortunates mixed in there, too. Poor little Amy! {glad to hear it was an accident, though. =)} Super glad Jared's back safely now!