Thursday, September 16, 2010

Better Mood Post

I'm in a better mood since my post yesterday, thank goodness! Today's post is about one of my favorite past-times...crafting!

In our church we have a program called Visiting Teaching. The women in our wards (congregations) are paired up in partnerships to visit other women in the ward. We have opportunity to be visiting teachers, and we have opportunity to have visiting teachers assigned to us. It's such a support network! We're always looking for opportunities to help one another.

Today, I went to visit one of the women for whom I am a visiting teacher and I am happy to report I found a way I can hopefully help her. She mentioned a business that she runs, and when I asked her what it was I was delightfully surprised to find that she is the owner of a business I have long such admired and wanted to purchase from. I've looked at her website many times admiring her work, never knowing she lived right around the corner! I felt like I discovered someone famous today! :) Anyway, to help her business, I'm spreading the word.

Check out her two fabulous quilting pattern websites at quiltatemple.com and pieceatatime.com. The only reason I haven't ordered from her yet is that I still don't know how to paper piece. I'm determined to learn and use her temple blocks, pioneer blocks, etc. for a quilt in my entryway. I'm also wanting to do her seasonal blocks for a different wall. You have no idea how excited I am. :)

And, when I'm thinking about it, here is a cool website from someone else in our ward, http://blueeyedfreckle.blogspot.com/. Let the ideas begin!

2 comments:

Sydney said...

This is so exciting. Glad and thanks for mentioning the websites,as well. I would love to know how to paper piece, too. Keep us posted on your progress of your projects. xo

Jessica 7 said...

yay for crafts! but I really wanted to say how I adored Leah's question about what kind of human she was. The answer - a good, kind, beautiful, and smart one.