Monday, September 27, 2010

Disney from the kids Perspective

This post is long in coming because I couldn't figure out how to upload video from our camera. We're still trying to figure it out, but in the meantime:

It was so fun to see how the kids enjoyed our Disney vacation. They each enjoyed many of the same things yet also had their own favorites. Leah isn't big on roller coasters, but her favorite ride ended up being Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Kaitlyn, on the other hand, loves thrill rides and she loved Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. Hyrum liked the roller coaster in Toontown called Goofy's Barnstormer. He also LOVED Country Bears and keeps talking about it.

Here is what we hear almost daily from Hyrum:


Kaitlyn was assigned from her school class to keep a journal each day of our vacation. We enjoyed seeing what each day meant to her. Here are most entries from her journal:


Monday: We’ll today we were going to disney world. We saw the Georgia peach. We saw lot’s of restront’s to. We were hopeing we were already there.
Tuesday: today we were looking for people to sign ou’r autograph’s. On the way Dad leah and I went on the rollar coster called splash mountain. I thout it was fun! Leah thout it was scary!
These are the people who signed our autograph’s: Pinocihio, Cinderella ,Tina & Naveen, Bell, Minnie & Micky Mouse, more autograph’s of bell, Aurora
Wednesday: Today we went swimming! I wanted to go in the five feet but Mom would not let me.
Thursday: Today I went to Hollywood Studios. We went to a place called fantasmic. We put our stroller on the sidewalk. When we came back it was gone. A women said that strollers where parked ofer on the other side. Then we saw it and took it back to the hotel.
Friday: We went back to magic kindgom today. It was fun! We saw lots of other stuff. (like we went on splash mountin (agin) and space moutin people mover to. I like people mover it shows you lots of things like we went on space moutin (exept it’s slower) it’s fun!

I told Kaitlyn to write about Saturday when we went to Downtown Disney before heading home. She ended up thinking I meant Hollywood Studios, and so she wrote the following:

Down town Disney was….Fun! We loved it. We watched fireworks to! Did you ever think how it is to be realy small well if you do you will like….Honey I shrunk the kids! Honey I shrunk the kids is a place where they build High stuff that looks like grass. And you feel like you are small and the grass is HUGE because they made it so tall. Ok you get it when I say HUGE small or Tall I make it like that. So mabey you want to try doing my kind of riting Ha? You know I do like this calss. And I misst all of you when I was gone. I’m sure glad to be back!!
My hole name: Kaitlyn Joy Nelson
Do you like my name? yes no a little

5 comments:

Austin and Amanda said...

It sounds like you really enjoyed your vacation. I liked the day to day journal entries. I wasn't able to play the video, though. Do I need to get a Youtube account and get an invite to view your video?
P.S. Kaitlyn, I like your name A LOT!

Nelson Nitwits said...

Anyone else have trouble with the video? We put it on a private youtube account so no one can just pull it up on youtube, but Jared can pull up the video from the blog at work, so we're not sure what to think. I wish we could just figure out this camera!

Jessica 7 said...

I couldn't view the video either. It says it's private. Kaitlyn's journal was great!

Nelson Nitwits said...

I tinkered with this and the video should work now. Let me know if not.

The Greg and Lauralee Angell Family said...

The video worked for me! Darling! And Kaitlyn is quite a writer! Is she going to be the next Jane Clayson?