Sunday, September 26, 2010

Walt Disney World 2010!!


We just got back from our Disney World Vacation. We had so much fun together and want to share some pictures/experiences. First, here is our ABC list of favorite Disney World Experiences:

A - Almost all the rides, Akershus Character Breakfast
B - Beauty and the Beast Live, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
C - Country Bears, Character Breakfasts, Cell phones
D - Disney World, Dining Plan
E - Epcot
F - Fantasmic, Fastpasses, Finding Nemo
G - Goofy's Barnstormer
H - Hollywood and Vines Character Breakfast, Handy Manny, Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area
I - Ice cream treats, Illuminations, Ice cold drinking fountains
J - Just about everything, Jungle Cruise
K - Kiss from Belle to Amy, Kim Possible missions in Epcot
L - Laugh Floor, Little Einsteins, Living with the Land
M - Mickey Mouse, Mad Teacups, Midway Mania, Monorail, Muppet Vision 3D
N - Nightime Spectacular
O - Ohana Character Breakfast
P - Philharmagic, Pooh's Great Adventure, Pineapple floats, Pirates of the Carribean
Q - Quiet times at the hotel and hotel pool
R - Riverside (Port Orleans hotel)
S - Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Stitch's Great Escape, Soarin', Sounds Dangerous
T - Turtle Talk with Crush, TTA, Test Track, Tomorrowland Speedway
U - Unbelievably huge breakfasts
V - Voyage of the Little Mermaid
W - Wishes fireworks show, Waterbottles, "Welcome, Hyrum, to the bathroom"
X - Xcitement
Y - Your own souveniers
Z - Zurg defeated, Zippity doo dah on Splash Mountain

We took over 300 pictures (that's what digital cameras do to us), and narrowed our choices to 170 something. :) So, we'll break these slide shows into Days 1-4 at Disney World.

Here is some of the fun from our first Disney day in the Magic Kingdom:

Here are the characters we met in the Magic Kingdom the first day:

When Hyrum saw Mickey, he broke through the line twice to run and hug him. He was so excited, he couldn't wait his turn!

We found that if you go to Disney World in September or October, you can stay at a Disney hotel with a complete dining plan (including character meals) for about the same price as staying offsite and finding your own food. So, we really enjoyed this deal! We did our first character meal at Epcot on our 2nd Disney World day. Here are the pictures of us getting ready for this Princess meal and then pictures of the meal itself:

Fun at Epcot:

Day 3 - Holly Wood Studios
Here was our character breakfast that Hyrum had been looking forward to for MONTHS:

More fun at Hollywood Studios:

Last day in Magic Kingdom and heading home pictures:


Hooray for vacations! I'll post a bit more tomorrow when I'm not so wiped out!

6 comments:

Austin and Amanda said...

Wow, what a fun adventure! We are definitely going to have to join you sometime on a trip to Disney World.

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Wow! Looks like an amazing trip! We loved all the pictures. I bet the kids won't forget that vacation for a LONG time! Tanner doesn't even know very many Disney characters yet so I guess we should start working on that before we ever consider going to Disney World! It was fun talking to you all tonight and glad you had such a great trip!

Jessica 7 said...

I love Disney so much! I really enjoyed seeing all your pictures and appreciated the tip about the hotel/breakfast deals in Sept and Oct.

t foust said...

What a fun trip!! And at a time when the kids will remember the fun memories (well, except Amy of course!). I also LOVE your disney song mix. I turn it on a lot and Carter starts dancing to it.

Donna said...

I loved looking at all the pictures. I even felt I was right there experiencing it with you! So glad you had such a wonderful time! Love Grandma Nelson

Raime said...

I'm amazed there is a "z" item at Disney World! And your kids will thank you that you didn't have to wear matching outfits...everyday... Of course you don't have Corey when he was little. :) Looks like you had a lot of fun!