Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Congratulations Leah!

Last Friday night Jared was disappointed that his monthly scout camp out was cancelled due to heavy rain.  I was happy because that meant he could come with me to Leah's regional science fair awards ceremony.  We were proud of her and thought that it was great she had been selected with 23 others students from her school to participate.  The regional competition was for the county and featured the projects of over 1000 students from kindergarten through high school.  They gave awards for the top projects in several different categories.  We were listening to the awards for middle school chemistry with honorable mention, 3rd place, and 2nd place and I thought I would need to make sure Leah was proud of her accomplishment even though she might be disappointed for not placing.  Then, we heard "Leah Nielsen" (they mispronounced her name) win 1st place!  She was very excited!  We were listening to the other categories and she leaned over to me and whispered, "You know, it would really stink to find out there's really another Leah Nielsen".  :)  At the end of the evening we were in for another surprise because Leah won the grand prize for middle school in chemistry!  Now she's on to the state competition next month.  Congratulations Leah!!







6 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

WOW! That is VERY impressive! We may be calling you guys in a few years when we have to start doing science fairs. ;) Congrats Leah Nielsen!

Austin and Amanda said...

Congratulations Leah!!!! We couldn't be more proud of you!

Aaron and Lisa said...

Great job Leah! Good luck at state!

t foust said...

Congrats, Leah!! That's so awesome! I'm really impressed.

Unknown said...

Congrats Leah! That is awesome! You look very professional and beautiful. I laughed so hard when I read what you said about another Leah Nielson. haha Oh and is your project on wax in food? I just found this out and couldn't bring myself to put it in the chocolate I was making. It won't stop me from eating it though! Good luck at State (if it hasn't already past, I'm a little behind on the blogging world, as you can see).

Geoff and Dianne said...

Fantastic job, Leah! Good luck with your future competitions!