Sunday, November 8, 2009

By Small and Simple Means Great Things Come to Pass

I get e-mails from two organizations that are pro-life. One set comes from Charmaine Yoest and the other comes from Marjorie Dannenfelser. Both these women are doing a lot to protect the life of the unborn and I admire what they do. I don't usually forward their e-mails to people because I believe it's up to each of us to decide if we want to be politically active or not. These ladies have been working hard to ensure that abortion will not be covered by our tax dollars under the new proposed health plans. They periodically send e-mails requesting that we write to our Congressmen and Senators. It is very easy to click on their links, fill out my name and address and use their form letters to write to my political leaders. It's so easy, in fact that sometimes I've wondered if it does any good. I keep sending in these form letters because I do get responses from my leaders, so I know their offices are at least aware of my feelings and opinions.

Honestly, I thought that our country as a whole was headed toward supporting same-sex marriage and abortion, two things that greatly sadden my heart. I was encouraged with the victory for traditional marriage recently in Maine, and today I received the e-mail below from Marjorie Dannenfelser. I guess it does make a difference to send in my form letters (which is incredibly easy by the way). I'm so grateful to know that there are many Americans who are passionate about supporting life and traditional families!

Stupak Amendment Passes, Great Pro-Life Victory
From:
"Marjorie Dannenfelser, SBA List"

Stupak-Pitts Amendment Passes 240 to 194!


Dear Genevieve,

All of your letters and calls paid off!
Tonight the U.S. House of Representatives approved the Stupak-Pitts Amendment to H.R. 3962, by a vote of 240 to 194, with 64 Democratic members voting in favor of the amendment to ban federal funding of abortion in the health care bill.
This is a great victory for the pro-life movement and for all SBA List members who so diligently contacted their Representatives leading up to the vote. With the adoption of the Stupak-Pitts Amendment, the House of Representatives made a principled and sound decision to continue our nation’s longstanding policy of protecting taxpayers’ conscience in the area of abortion funding.
In the coming weeks, we will remain vigilant and shift our efforts to the Senate to ensure that these same pro-life protections are included in the Senate bill. We fully expect that pro-abortion leaders will still try to find ways to sneak abortion funding into health care.
For now though, let's celebrate this great victory for unborn children and women. Thank you for all of your efforts in defense of Life. Together we can save countless unborn lives.
God bless,

Marjorie Dannenfelser
President, Susan B. Anthony List
www.sba-list.org
P.S. Tonight we had a great victory for the pro-life movement, but we still have much work to do to keep abortion of health care reform. Please go here if you can give a small gift to support our efforts.

0 comments: