I have a confession to make. Actually, this will tell me if Jared actually reads this blog or not. I'm so ready to whip out the Christmas music playlist. Jared legitimately feels Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday for its own merits. He wants to give it the attention it deserves. So, we hold off on any Christmas decorating, music, etc. until we've been able to celebrate being thankful for our blessings at Thanksgiving time. That said, I have to admit I started listening to the Christmas playlist today. Who else has started the caroling early? I'm so excited for the Christmas Season. It's my favorite time of year. I got through about one measure of "Carol of the Bells" by the Tran-siberian Orchestra when my guilt set in. Jared has a good idea about Thanksgiving. I should support it. It's about killing me. Look for a really festive Christmas music playlist on the blog VERY soon after Thanksgiving!
In the meantime, does anyone know any other Thanksgiving/Autumn songs I could add to the playlist? I'm really tired of listening to the same 11 songs!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hahaha! I love it! Dean is definitely the same way. Not that Thanksgiving's not important, but couldn't we be doing a little of both!? ;)
I love your seasonal playlists; sorry I can't think of anything to add to this one.
The kids and I are with you on being ready for Christmas songs, but Bryan is with Jared. So we listen to Christmas while he's gone. =) But I don't feel guilty about rushing through Thanksgiving because I feel like gratitude is a huge part of the true meaning of Christmas. {And I feel like Thanksgiving & Christmas are both part of the same holiday season.}
So if I'm really thinking about Christ at this time of year, I will also be thinking gratefully of my many blessings. {I hope that doesn't sound like justification because I really mean it. =)}
I have already started listening!
Megan, I like the way you think. :) Hmm, how to convince Jared and Bryan and Dean...
I've broken out the Christmas piano music.
Actually, I do read your blog (when I get a chance) and I'm not surprised that you started listening to Christmas music while I'm gone. I think you've confessed to that in years past.
I have nothing against celebrating Christmas -- or even beginning the celebration earlier. I suppose I dig my heels in when stores start "celebrating" (read trying to make money from) Christmas in September and October.
Post a Comment